Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fiftieth Day of School

Normally, I'm pretty excited to have the school year under way and routines established in my classroom. This year, things seem to be flying by at top speed and I'm stunned that we are already into the 2nd quarter of the school year. Conferences will exhaust everyone this week but it will also be nice to meet all of our parents for some 1:1 conversations to let them hear how their children are doing in school.

Still, in the back of my mind I know/hope that this will be my last year of job sharing and working part time---financially, it's time. I'm enjoying having the opportunity to help in Josie's classroom and to get to know her classmates and delight in her excitement. Next year I won't have those opportunities if I'm finally working full time and teaching my own class.

So, this week when Josie celebrated her Fiftieth Day of School followed by her first loose tooth, I started to feel sad that time is slipping by too quickly. Whatever next year brings, I hope that Josie will have as much fun as she's having this year and remains enchanted by her teacher, classmates, and school.

Here are some photos from Josie's Sock Hop this week:













No comments: